Whole Wheat Chicken Strips
- PREP 20 mins
- COOK 10 mins
- READY IN 30 mins
These delicious little fingers are tender and tasty. You can take comfort in knowing that they are only 7 ingredients in the recipe!
- In one medium bowl, add flour. In a second medium bowl, whisk together egg, garlic powder and salt. In a third medium bowl, add bread crumbs.
- Cut each chicken breast into ½ inch thick You will get anywhere from 3 – 6 strips per chicken breast depending on the breast size.
- Coat all the chicken strips in flour.
- One at a time, dip chicken strips in egg and then coat in breadcrumbs and set aside.
- Pre-heat oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Place strips into pan and cook until golden brown on both sides and the chicken is cooked all the way through. Add more oil to the pan as necessary if you are cooking in batches.
For a lighter version, brush a baking sheet with oil and bake the strips in a preheated 425 degrees. It will take about 15 – 20 minutes depending on how thick the chicken is. Flip half way through.