Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Banana Bread Oatmeal
- Prep time 5 mins
- Cook time 8 mins
We have tried to replicate the warming flavours of banana bread in this oatmeal. You could even add a little chocolate to it if you wanted
- Add all ingredients, except yogurt to a small pot over medium heat.
- Stir frequently until mixture begins to simmer. Then immediately reduce to low heat, to avoid the milk from burning or boiling over.
- Cook until oats reach a desired consistency, approximately 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with yogurt, a sprinkle of coconut and slice the remaining banana if you desire.
- If you prefer a little more texture, add the walnuts and coconut just before serving instead of at the beginning
- A dash of cinnamon and nutmeg add just the right amount of spice to this breakfast
- For anyone who is lactose intolerant try using rice or almond milk instead of regular.