Banana Bread Oatmeal
We have tried to replicate the warming flavours of banana bread in this oatmeal. You could even add a little chocolate to it if you wanted
1. Add all ingredients, except yogurt to a small pot over medium heat.
2. Stir frequently until mixture begins to simmer. Then immediately reduce to low heat, to avoid the milk from burning or boiling over.
3. Cook until oats reach a desired consistency, approximately 7 minutes.
4. Remove from heat. Garnish with yogurt, a sprinkle of coconut and slice the remaining banana if you desire.
- PREP 5 mins
- COOK 8 mins
• If you prefer a little more texture, add the walnuts and coconut just before serving instead of at the beginning
• A dash of cinnamon and nutmeg add just the right amount of spice to this breakfast
• For anyone who is lactose intolerant try using rice or almond milk instead of regular.