Creamy Kale Potato
This soup does a wonderful job of hiding an entire bunch of kale leaving mouths none the wiser. Creamy and rich because of the potato and cashews with a nice kick from the chillies, this soup is one of my fav’s!
1. Preheat a large pot on medium heat. Add the oil and then the onions, garlic and ginger. Sauté until the onions begin to brown, stirring regularly.
2. Add the chillies and sauté for a minute longer.
3. Now add the rest of the ingredients (coconut milk, cashews, water and potato) except the kale and bring to a simmer.
4. Cover with a lid, reduce the heat to low and simmer until the potatoes are cooked.
5. Add the kale and cook for another couple minutes until wilted.
6. Let the soup cool for 10 minutes and then puree in the blender or food processor until very smooth.
7. Add back to the pot, warm, season with salt and pepper and serve.
- PREP 20 mins
- COOK 30 mins
• A very nice added garnish is some of my “Baked Kale Chips” crumbled on top.