Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Creamy Kale Potato
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 30 mins
This soup does a wonderful job of hiding an entire bunch of kale leaving mouths none the wiser. Creamy and rich because of the potato and cashews with a nice kick from the chillies, this soup is one of my fav’s!
- Preheat a large pot on medium heat. Add the oil and then the onions, garlic and ginger. Sauté until the onions begin to brown, stirring regularly.
- Add the chillies and sauté for a minute longer.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients (coconut milk, cashews, water and potato) except the kale and bring to a simmer.
- Cover with a lid, reduce the heat to low and simmer until the potatoes are cooked.
- Add the kale and cook for another couple minutes until wilted.
- Let the soup cool for 10 minutes and then puree in the blender or food processor until very smooth.
- Add back to the pot, warm, season with salt and pepper and serve.
A very nice added garnish is some of my “Baked Kale Chips” crumbled on top.
Reviews on "Creamy Kale Potato" (4)