Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Roasted Sausage with Braised Cabbage and Apple
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 20 mins
The idea here is a super easy to make dinner that does not compromise taste. This easy meal idea is definitely worth a go.
- Start this off by preheating a large oven safe pan on medium heat. Melt the butter and then add the sausage and lightly brown on both sides.
- Remove the sausage from the pan, set aside and then add the cabbage and onion. Sauté until the onions are lightly browned, stirring regularly.
- Add the ginger and sauté for another minute, stirring regularly.
- Now add the turmeric, paprika and salt. Sauté for another minute, stirring constantly and then add the water or broth.
- Place the sausages and apple on top of the cabbage and then place in a preheated 400? F oven. Bake until the sausages are cooked through and then serve.
Extra veggies are welcome to this dish. Peppers, fennel bulb, cauliflower…what sounds good to you?