Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Butternut, Beef and Quinoa Stew
- Prep time 27 mins
- Cook time 4 hours
Leave a Review
This is a great tasting recipe that is perfect to come home to on a chilly fall day. The quinoa adds a real nice binding texture to these healthy veggies.
- As an option to add a little flavour, you can brown the meat in a large preheated fry pan on medium-medium-high heat. Once browned transfer to the slow cooker.
- Now add onion, squash, parsnip, garlic, tomato, 1 cup of water and spices. Stir so everything is evenly distributed.
- Check that there is enough water or broth and adjust if necessary. It should be at a level just at or below the top of the veggies.
- Set slow cooker on high for about 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Stir in the pepper and quinoa with about 1 hour remaining.
- Dig in!
- Chopped chipotle peppers add a nice smokie zip of heat.
- Carrots and cauliflower are some yummy veggies that can be added in with everything at the beginning in place of or on top of. Just be sure to adjust the liquid level if necessary.