Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Beefy Vegetable Soup
- Prep time 20 mins
Leave a Review
This is a simple yet delicious broth soup. Yummy vegetables and stir-fry beef in broth. It has an elegant presentation and is great for an appetizer. It can easily become a meal on its own with some added grains. See the variations for ideas.
- Preheat a large pot on medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and the onions, red pepper and bok choy. Sauté until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Now add mushrooms, garlic and 2 tablespoons of the beef stock to the pot and sauté until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add the onions, pepper and bok choy back to the pot and add the rest of the beef broth and set aside.
- Pre-heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Add the second tablespoon of canola oil and the stir-fry beef and sauté until lightly browned on all sides. Season with salt and pepper and then add to the soup pot.
- Now heat the soup and simmer for 6-8 minutes, taking care not to boil. Season with salt and pepper, serve and enjoy.
- Try playing with some different spices such as coriander, cumin or chilli powder to make this soup a little different.
- Switch up the veggies…zucchini, bean sprouts or broccoli all work great.
- Try using your favourite grain to make this soup a little healthier. Add 1 cup of cooked quinoa, barley or brown rice just before serving.