Natural Pastures Beef and Comox Brie Stew
This recipe uses very simple flavours that work well together. Stirring in the brie at the end makes it absolutely amazing and very unique.
- Preheat a small fry pan on medium-high heat and then add the cumin seeds. Stirring frequently, toast the seeds until they are nicely browned (3-4 minutes).
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium heat. Add a little oil and then add a single layer of beef, leaving space between each piece. Brown nicely on all sides and then set aside. Repeat until all the beef is browned.
- Add a little more oil and then the onion. Stirring occasionally sauté the onions until nicely browned.
- Add the ginger and sauté for 2 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Add the broth or water to the hot pan and stir to release all of the brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- At this stage you can add the all the ingredients except the brie to a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Or you can add everything except the brie to a large pot and heat the stew on high until it begins to simmer. Immediately reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and gently simmer for 2 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Immediately before serving, stir in the cubes of brie.
- PREP 10 mins
- COOK 2 hours
- The brie in this recipe is not necessary as the stew is great without. So if you want to save a couple of bucks you can leave it out.
- Add some heat by adding 1 or 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeño peppers.