Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Balsamic Marinated Outside Round Steak
- Prep time 6 hours 15 mins
- Cook time 20 mins
This marinade takes a tough chewy steak and turns it good & yummy. We have served it sliced and placed on top of a simple pasta for an inexpensive quick meal
- For the Marinade:
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients together in a mixing bowl and stir until honey is dissolved. Transfer to a sealable bag along with the steaks and marinate in the fridge for about 6 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven or toaster oven to 325º F.
- Pre-heat a large frying pan on medium heat. Remove steaks from marinade and allow excess to run off. Place steaks in pan and lightly brown on both sides.
- Once browned place in the oven and cook for about 10 – 12 minutes.
- Now pre-heat a large frying pan on medium heat and add oil, onion and peppers and sauté until onions begin to brown (3 – 4 minutes).
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and the cooked pasta and toss to combine.
- Plate the pasta topping with slices of the cooked steak and serve with parmesan cheese.
- Add 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped garlic in with the other veggies for a little flavour boost.
- Try some fresh chopped oregano or basil for another element of great taste