Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Marinated Flank Steak Fajitas
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 8 hours 15 mins
Leave a Review
This is a great way to get a little southern cooking into your home. The marinade is loaded with flavour and the avocado sauce really makes this dish amazing.
- For the marinade:
- For the avocado sauce:
- Stir together all of the marinade ingredients and then add to a storage container or a sealable bag with the flank steak. Massage the marinade into the steak and marinate for 8 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Mash the avocado in a medium bowl with a fork until semi smooth. Stir in the yogurt, vinegar and spices and stir well. Place in the fridge for later.
- Preheat the BBQ on high.
- Now cook the flank steak for about 7 minutes per side and then let it rest in a warm place for 5 minutes or so. Slice the meat very thin, against the grain.
- While the steak is cooking, brush the onion slices with BBQ sauce on both sides and then grill on the BBQ until nicely browned and cooked.
- Heat the tortillas wrapped in a damp tea towel for 10 minute in a preheated 400° F oven. This will make them nice and soft.
- Set up the fajita buffet with the tortillas, onion rings, sliced peppers, sliced meat and avocado sauce and enjoy and super tasty and easy meal.
- Add some shredded cheese to your buffet for a good option.
- If you are not big on the avocado sauce or want to save some time, then salsa is always good to go.