Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 20 mins
This recipe was submitted by a Country Grocer shopper and it’s a perfect way to feature the amazing in-store made sausages. Thank you dear customer for sharing this family favorite.
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- Place sausages in a baking dish and roast until they have an internal temperature of 180°F, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, pineapple juice, cornstarch and brown sugar. Mix until completely combined. A fork or small whisk is helpful.
- While sausages are cooking, preheat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Lightly spray the frying pan with oil and add peppers, celery and onion. Sauté vegetables until lightly brown. Add pineapple to vegetable mixture.
- Now give the vinegar mixture another stir and slowly add to vegetables in the frying pan and stir until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Serve vegetable mixture over rice with sausage. Drizzle remaining sauce over vegetables and sausage.
- This is an awesome dish and the sweetness makes it a family (including child) favourite. Take advantage of this and seek in some extra vegetables such as carrots, cabbage or broccoli into this recipe for a real vitamin boost.
- Meatballs or chicken breast are awesome protein substitutions to the sausage.