Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Sweet and Spicy Ground
- Prep time 25 mins
- Cook time 45 mins
Leave a Review
So we bring in a little unrefined sweetness with some molasses, spice from the jalapeño and then give it a little tartness with a squeeze of lemon juice. The result is a beautifully balanced and tasty stir-fry that is very different from the everyda
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium heat. Add a little oil and then add the bison. Leave the bison in 5 or 6 chunks and sauté until browned. Flip and cook the other side until browned. Once browned, break up the meat and sauté for a couple of minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the ground to a large pot and set aside. It does not have to be completely cooked at this point.
- Clean the fry pan and add a little more oil and then the onions and jalapeño. Sauté until the onions are lightly browned.
- Add the ginger and sauté for 2 minutes more, stirring frequently and then transfer to the pot with the ground.
- Add the tomato, yam, cauliflower, kidney beans, molasses, coriander and salt to the pot with everything else and give it a good stir. Bring to a simmer on medium high, cover with a tight fitting lid, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes or until the yams and cauliflower are cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Plate up and enjoy this very tasty and nutritious creation.
- Add tomato sauce in place of the crushed tomato for a thicker texture.
- Extra veggies are always good for your ticker. Peppers, zucchini, and carrots would be great added in with the onion.