Chili Sloppy Joe’s with Homemade Coleslaw
Depending on the route you choose, this can be a dead simple 5 minute meal if you grab the coleslaw from the deli, but still fairly easy if made from scratch.
- If you choose to make the coleslaw from scratch, which is well worth the trouble, it is best to make it up the day before as the veggies will soften nicely overnight in the dressing.
- Mix dressing in a mixing bowl until just combined.
- Toss the cabbage, carrots and red pepper and then toss with the dressing and refrigerate overnight or set aside if using immediately.
- Preheat a large pan on medium heat. Add a little oil and then the bison. Fry until lightly browned and almost cooked.
- Add the chili and tomato and continue to cook until some moisture has evaporated and mixture is ‘sloppy’. About 10 minutes.
- Serve on a toasted or fresh bun, top with coleslaw and get messy.
- PREP 20 mins
- COOK 10 mins
- Use ground beef or pork in place of the bison.
- There is pre-made coleslaw in the deli for the easiest way or pre-shredded coleslaw mix in the produce department and pre-made dressing available. So do whatever works for you time budget.