Sesame Soy Sauce
A very tasty accompaniment to steak, chicken or even salmon, this sauce is easy to make and worth the extra steps!
- Brown your steaks or chicken in a preheated pan on both sides, then remove. If they are thick, then finish cooking in a toaster oven or regular oven until cooked through or cooked to desired doneness.
- Now add the butter to the hot pan and also add your shallots. Sauté the shallots until lightly browned.
- Add the ginger and sesame seeds and sauté for 1 minute more.
- Ok, its time for the liquids. Carefully add the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and molasses, give a good stir and make sure all the stuck on bits are released from the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set aside until your meal is ready. Once everything is plated up, pour the sauce over the steak or chicken, serve and enjoy!
- PREP 10 mins
- COOK 5 mins
- If you are using this sauce for salmon and you cooked the salmon with the skin on, I would clean the pan before making the sauce. This prevents a strong fishy taste.