Sesame Soy Sauce
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 5 mins
A very tasty accompaniment to steak, chicken or even salmon, this sauce is easy to make and worth the extra steps!
- Brown your steaks or chicken in a preheated pan on both sides, then remove. If they are thick, then finish cooking in a toaster oven or regular oven until cooked through or cooked to desired doneness.
- Now add the butter to the hot pan and also add your shallots. Sauté the shallots until lightly browned.
- Add the ginger and sesame seeds and sauté for 1 minute more.
- Ok, its time for the liquids. Carefully add the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and molasses, give a good stir and make sure all the stuck on bits are released from the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set aside until your meal is ready. Once everything is plated up, pour the sauce over the steak or chicken, serve and enjoy!
If you are using this sauce for salmon and you cooked the salmon with the skin on, I would clean the pan before making the sauce. This prevents a strong fishy taste.