Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Baron of Beef Sandwich
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 1 hour
What else can you say? Baron of beef, beef dip…yum! You can not go wrong with this classic sandwich. Slow roasted beef on a baguette with real au jus.
- Remove the roast from fridge approximately 1 hour prior to cooking to bring to room temperature. Pre-heat oven to 325° F. Sprinkle the roast with pepper, salt and paprika liberally on all sides.
- Pre-heat a medium frying pan on medium heat and add oil and then the roast. Lightly brown on all sides and then place the roast in a roasting pan.
- Add the onions to the frying pan and sauté until lightly browned and then add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute more.
- Add 1 cup beef stock to the frying pan and stir to release any brown bits. Pour contents into the roasting pan with the roast, drizzle roast with honey and place in the pre-heated oven. Cook until a thermometer inserted in the middle of the roast reads 140-145° F (medium) or 150-155° F (medium-well).
- Remove from oven and cover roast with foil and let rest for 15 minutes. Transfer liquid from the roasting pan to a pot and add the remaining 2 cups beef stock and bring to a simmer. Now slice the roast as thinly as possible and serve on a French baguette with a small bowl of the hot beef stock mixture and enjoy!
- Add some sliced and sautéed mushrooms, onions or peppers to the sandwich for something even tastier and if you want to take it a step further add a couple slices of your favourite cheese.
- Replace the French baguette with a wholegrain sliced bread or baguette for a healthier alternative.
Reviews on "Baron of Beef Sandwich" (8)