Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Top Sirloin Steak with Fresh Tomato Corn Salsa
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 15 mins
Leave a Review
Enjoy this fresh tomato and corn salsa on top of a grilled top sirloin steak. This recipe is something different and a great way to impress your family or friends with your awesome cooking skills.
- For the salsa:
- For the steak:
- For the salsa: Combine all of the ingredients for the salsa together in a bowl and stir to combine. Prepare in advance if you like and store in the fridge.
- For the steak: Lightly coat your steaks with olive oil on all sides and then season with salt and pepper to desired taste.
- Pre-heat the frying pan or BBQ to medium high. Cook the steak 4-6 minutes per side depending on the thickness and desired temperature. If cooking in a frying pan, cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Allow the steak 5 minutes to rest in a warm place after cooking and before cutting, as this will give the juices a chance to re-absorb into the meat.
- Serve with a big portion of the salsa and your favourite veggies and enjoy.
- For a spicier salsa add one teaspoon fresh finely diced jalapeño pepper (with the seeds and white veins removed) or if you like it really hot try the habanero!
- Make the salsa a little heartier by adding ½ cup black beans