Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Curry Braised Beef Short Ribs
- Prep time 12 mins
- Cook time 5 mins
This is an awesome slow cooker recipe that offers an easy way into some Asian flavours.
- Preheat a large frying pan on medium heat and add the oil and then the short ribs. Lightly brown on both sides and then transfer meat to the slow cooker.
- Now in the same frying pan on medium heat add the onion, red pepper, ginger and one or two tablespoons of the coconut milk and sauté until lightly browned.
- Now add the coconut milk, tomato paste, curry powder, pineapple, pineapple juice and salt and stir to combine.
- Pour the sauce and veggies over the short ribs in the slow cooker and then turn on high. Cook for about 4-6 hours or until the meat is tender enough to cut with a fork. Make sure the meat is completely covered with liquid while cooking.
- Serve on top of your favourite cooked whole grain. Our first choices are barley, brown rice or quinoa.
- If you like your curry’s strong and a little spicy double the curry powder and add a pinch or two or three of dried chillis.
- Lemongrass adds a wonderful flavour. Cut a stalk in half lengthwise and width wise and place in the slow cooker. Make sure to remove and discard when finished cooking.