Braised Beef Bites
This is a true 5 minute meal. Very simple to prepare and very rewarding, you can put this recipe together quickly and then get a few other things done while it cooks. Serve with brown rice, quinoa or another whole grain and your good to go!
*Note – When you are selecting the stewing beef, try to keep in mind that the leaner the beef, the tougher it will be. So if you want it to be tender, then you need to find a package that has some marbling or fat within the meat.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Transfer to a shallow and wide casserole dish. You want everything to be in one, even layer and the beef is about ¾ covered.
- Braise in the oven for 1 – 1 ½ hours rotating the pieces of meat every 25 minutes or so. If the mixture gets too dry, add a little water as you go, keeping the beef ½ to ¾ covered.
- Check the doneness of the beef by cutting it with a fork. The fork should cut the meat fairly easily.
- Serve with your favourite grain and enjoy a simple dinner!
- PREP 5 mins
- COOK 1 hour 15 mins
- Substitute 1 ½ cups fresh chopped tomato in the warmer months for a nicer texture.
- Add in extra veggies like garlic, peppers, zucchini or fennel.