Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Cajun Gorgonzola Beef Burger
- Prep time 5 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
The heat of the Cajun spice compliments the creaminess of the Gorgonzola. Can you wait to taste it? …good thing it only takes 15 minutes!
- Cajun spice:
- Burger Components:
- Combine the ingredients for the Cajun spice in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the beef and garlic together in a mixing bowl and then form your burgers into 4 large or 3 smaller ones. Coat the outside of the burgers liberally by sprinkling with Cajun spice on all sides. Reserve left over spice for another day.
- Whether on the BBQ or in a frying pan preheat and then cook the burgers, turning every 2 or 3 minutes until cooked through. If cooking in a frying pan you may need to finish your burgers once nicely browned in a 350° F oven or toaster oven to prevent burning.
- Once your burgers are cooked, top with the gorgonzola slices and build your burger with your favourite bun and toppings. Then enjoy
- Add a little sweetness to balance the heat of the Cajun spice by adding 2 tablespoons of warm honey to the burger mix.
- If you want to save a step, buy a pre-made Cajun spice.
- Add some fresh chopped cilantro to the burger mix for some refreshing flavour
Reviews on "Cajun Gorgonzola Beef Burger" (1)