Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
- Prep time 25 mins
- Cook time 30 mins
Leave a Review
We have left this gluten free and used quinoa flour instead of breadcrumbs. Plus we are using the anti-inflammatory goodness of turmeric! This recipe is ideal when baked in a medium sized cast iron pan. Double the recipe if you are going with a classic meatloaf pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the mustard and ketchup and set aside.
- Sauté the onions, carrots, celery and garlic in a medium cast iron or oven proof non-stick pan until lightly browned.
- Add the salt, turmeric, cumin seeds and cayenne and sauté for another 30 seconds. Now transfer to a mixing bowl and add the ground meat, egg and quinoa flour. Mix very well. **make your own quinoa flour by grinding raw quinoa in a coffee grinder**
- Transfer your meatloaf mix back to your oven proof pan that you sautéed the veggies in (or into your meatloaf pan if you are doing a larger batch) and flatten the mixture out in a nice even layer.
- Top with the mustard/ketchup blend and then place in a preheated 375° F oven until it is cooked through.
- Serve with a small portion of your favourite grain/legume and lots of veggies.
Add some fresh or dried herbs for some extra nutrition and flavour. Up to 1 tablespoon of dried oregano or thyme or ¼ cup of fresh.