Caramelized Shallot & Fennel Vinaigrette
- PREP 10 mins
- COOK 10 mins
If you don’t mind putting a little bit of effort into making a salad dressing, then this one is well worth it. Beautiful colour and delicious flavour, this salad dressing is great for salads, yah…but it is also great drizzled over steamed veggies or added to a stir-fry at the last minute. Give it a try and I think you will be very happy.
- Preheat a small fry pan on medium heat and then add the oil and then the fennel and shallots. Stirring regularly, sauté until everything is nicely caramelized.
- Add the garlic and sauté for another minute, stirring regularly.
- Now transfer the veggies to a mixing bowl. Add the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, turmeric and pine nuts. Stir very well.
- You are now ready to dress…enjoy!
- A touch of sweetness can be achieved by adding 1 tablespoon of honey to the pan just before transferring to the mixing bowl.
- Using olive oil, the dressing will solidify a little in the fridge. If you want to avoid this try using grape seed oil instead.