Chipotle Lime Mayonnaise
Making mayo from scratch is super easy and this chipotle lime flavoured version is amazing! Not only that, if you use free run/range eggs and quality oil, it’s much better for you than the pre-made stuff! The only downer is because we are using raw egg yolks, it only has a 5 day shelf life…so no big batches.
- Add the yolk, lime juice, mustard, garlic and chipotle to a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Continue whisking, while gradually adding the olive oil in a slow steady stream. It must be added slowly or it will not emulsify.
- The more olive oil you add, the thicker the mayo will be, but only up to a certain point. So once you get a nice consistency, stop adding oil.
- Stir in the maple syrup, cilantro, salt and pepper and keep your delicious mayo in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- PREP 10 mins
- For a milder flavour, use grape seed oil instead of olive oil. You can also use half grape seed and half olive for a flavourful, but not too flavourful mayo.