Basil Chilli Oil
Vibrantly coloured and full of flavour, this oil is perfect to drizzle over pasta, rice, veggies, salad or its also great over chicken or fish. It has many uses and can work wonders!
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil and then drop in the basil. Boil for 5 – 10 seconds and no more and then immediately strain and run under cold water or plunge into an ice bath to stop the basil from cooking further. This process is only to soften and bring out a vibrant colour in the basil.
- Now add the basil to a blender or a mini food processor with the garlic, crushed pepper, salt and half of the olive oil. Puree for 1 minute or until it is as smooth as it will get.
- Add the rest of the oil and give another spin on the blender to incorporate.
- Now your basil chilli oil can be ready for action as is or you can pass the oil through a fine mess strainer for a more refined appearance. Keep in the fridge and drizzle over whatever you like. If the oil solidifies, zap it in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- PREP 5 mins
- Add other spices to the oil like cumin, coriander, cayenne.