Almond Pinto Burger with Peanut Sauce
Pinto beans make for some great nutrition and are in this case make an awesome veggie patty while the peanut sauce makes the perfect complement
- Combine ingredients for peanut sauce in a mini food processor and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Add carrot, pinto beans, onion, ginger, almonds, oil, salt, pepper and egg white (everything but the sauce and the flour) to a food processor and blend.
- Add burger mixture to a mixing bowl. Add flour, stir until combined. Mixture will be wet but should stick together, adjust with additional oil or flour if needed. Divide mixture and form burgers.
- Preheat a large frying pan on medium heat. Spray with oil and add burgers. Cook until golden brown, flip and cook other side until golden brown and centre is hot. Burgers are fragile so avoid flipping them more than once if possible.
- Place on a bun, in a wrap or serve as is. Drizzle with peanut sauce and pair with your favourite veggies.
- PREP 20 mins
- COOK 6 mins
- Try using cashews or pecans in place of the almonds for a different taste.
- Add 2 tablespoons of chopped chipotle pepper for some heat and adjust with an extra dash of flour.