Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Calabrese Breakfast Burrito
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
This is a spicy and tasty way to wake those salivary glands. The calabrese sausage and avocado provide the perfect hot cool balance and the cumin spiced eggs and tomato sauce make for the perfect burrito.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl along with the spices and whisk very well. Then set aside.
- Preheat a medium pan on medium heat. Add some butter and then the onions. Sauté until lightly browned.
- Add the eggs and scramble until cooked. Transfer to a bowl, and then add the Calabrese to the pan and warm for about 10 seconds and then set with the eggs.
- Place the roti into the pan and warm on both sides for about 10 seconds each. Once you flip to the second side, spread the tomato sauce around the wrap and then transfer to a cutting board.
- With the roti laid out, place the egg, calabrese and avocado on top of the sauce and then roll tightly leaving one end open.
- Serve with a small smoothie or a fruit salad and enjoy your yummy breakfast!
- Mix some cooked chicken in with the onion before adding the eggs for a protein boost.
- Extra veggies? Zucchini, peppers, eggplant, garlic or fennel could all be added with the onions for some extra nutrition.