Tofu Egg Breakfast Scramble
This is a great protein loaded breakfast dish that works well on its own with toast or as filler for a wrap.
- Whisk the eggs, salt and pepper together well in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Preheat a medium or small fry pan on medium heat. Add the butter and once melted add the onion and tofu. Sauté, breaking the tofu into small pieces until everything is lightly browned all over.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes more and then add the spinach. After spinach has wilted (about 30 seconds) add the egg.
- Using a spatula stir the eggs until they are cooked through and then serve with your favourite breakfast accompaniments.
- PREP 10 mins
- COOK 5 mins
- You can always add some extra veggies. Toss in some red or green pepper or perhaps some zucchini with the onions and tofu when first sau. téing.
- Spices are always the way to my heart. Curry powder, tumeric, coriander, chilli powder. You make the call