Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Cranberry Apple Oatmeal
- Prep time 5 mins
- Cook time 8 mins
Leave a Review
Not a big fan of regular plain ol’ oatmeal. Who would have thought that you could use apple cider instead of water? This is an awesome way to infuse some great flavour into your healthy oats.
- Add all ingredients, except yogurt and pumpkin seeds, to a small pot over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally and bring mixture to a gentle simmer. Reduce to medium-low heat.
- Cook until oats reach a desired consistency, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with pumpkin seeds and a 1 cup of French vanilla yogurt. If you enjoy milk with your oatmeal, here is when you add it.
- For added protein, combine a vanilla flavoured protein powder with the yogurt in a separate bowl and then spoon onto the oatmeal just before serving.
- If you do not have any cider on hand, you can use apple juice as a substitute.
Nutrients per Serving:
Calories (kcal) 626.9 Fat (g) 9.1, Protein (g) 18.7, Sugar (g) 52.6, Fibre (g) 14.8, Vitamin A (µg) 12.7, Vitamin C (mg) 118.3, Vitamin D (µg) 0, Vitamin E (mg) 0.6, Thiamine (mg) 0.7, Riboflavin (mg) 0.3, Niacin (ne) 5.3, Folate (µg) 58.7, Vitamin B6 (mg) 0.3, Vitamin B12 (µg) 0.3, Calcium (mg) 188.2, Iron (mg) 6.3, Sodium (mg) 49.4, Potassium (mg) 1011.5, Carbohydrate (g) 123.3