Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Cranberry Chia Granola Bars
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 20 mins
Leave a Review
Low fat and low sugar, but they still stick together! Normally you need excessive amounts of sugar to make granola bars stick, but the chia seeds act like glue in this recipe not only providing omega 3’s and antioxidants but also structure!
- Preheat oven to 370° F and grease a 9in by 13in baking dish.
- Mix all ingredients very well in a large mixing bowl until all the ingredients are evenly dispersed.
- Transfer contents to the greased baking dish, spread evenly and then pack the mixture down with the bottom of the mixing bowl until compact. Use your hands to finish the packing and make sure that its relatively even thickness all around.
- Place the bars in the oven and bake until lightly browned all around.
- Cool to room temperature, portion into desired size and then store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
You can always change up the nuts for others and feel free to add chocolate chips if you want to make this a little sweeter.