Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Cranberry Bran Cookies
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 16 mins
These cookies are as wholesome and still taste great. With bran, almond meal and significantly less butter than the average cookie, you can feed them to the whole family.
- Dry Ingredients:
- Wet Ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and then lightly flour two cookie sheets. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly mix dry ingredients together and set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, mix butter and sugar together and then add the applesauce and egg. Quickly stir until mixture is smooth.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients in the large mixing bowl.
- Using two spoons, drop approximately 2 tablespoons of dough one inch apart.
- Place in oven and bake 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven, cool and enjoy.
- For yummy spice cookies, add nutmeg, ginger, clove and little more cinnamon.
- You can add your favourite dried fruit, nut or chocolate to this recipe in place of the cranberries.
- Crumble a cookie on top of some plain yogurt – it’s a snack in a sec.