Dairy-free Ooey Gooey Brownies
These days it is next to impossible to find pre-made treats that are dairy-free. This recipe proves that it is not necessary as these brownies are incredibly yummy.
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF and lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a fork or whisk to combine apple sauce, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add salt, baking powder, cocoa, and flour and stir to combine. Pour batter into greased pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with ¼ cup of sliced almonds and bake in over for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- PREP 7 mins
- COOK 27 mins
- Valentine’s Day Option: Mix in a couple tablespoons of crushed cinnamon hearts. Once cooled decorate with your favourite icing and leftover heart candies.
- Serve warm brownie pieces over a bowl of your favourite frozen yogurt or not so frozen if you prefer.