Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles
This is a really easy and yummy holiday creation given to us by one of our customers and after we tested it, they disappeared pretty fast.
- Place chocolate and cream in a small saucepan set over LOW heat. Stir constantly keeping a careful eye on the mixture until chocolate is nearly melted.
- Remove from heat and whisk until completely melted and then stir in the peanut butter.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until chilled (2 1/2 to 3 hours).
- Meanwhile, place peanuts into a food processor or do it by hand and chop until finely chopped.
- Then place in a wide shallow dish (a pie plate works well). With your hands, form mixture into 3/4 inch (2 CM) balls then roll in peanuts to cover. Refrigerate on a waxed paper lined tray until firm. Store in an airtight container up to one week or freeze.
- Try substituting mint chocolate chips in place of the milk chocolate or almond butter in place of the peanut butter.
- You can change them up quite easily by rolling them in toasted coconut, cocoa powder or icing sugar for a nice varied look.