Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Frozen Fruit Bowls
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 1 min
This is a fantastically refreshing summer recipe. We created this recipe as a healthy option to ice cream or sorbet. So enjoy some guilt free pleasure.
- Cut melon in half. Discard seeds. Scoop out melon into a small mixing bowl (try to keep the rind of the melon intact as you can use it as the serving bowl later). Place both outside rind halves in the freezer.
- In a small food processor or blender, add melon. Blend until smooth.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine melon puree, yogurt, vanilla and honey and stir until completely mixed. Divide mixture into two wide-based bowls or a casserole dish.
- Place mixture in freezer and stir every half hour. Once desired consistency is reached, approximately 2 hours, spoon into melon rind and serve.
- Experiment with your favourite fruits; orange, grapefruit, watermelon and kiwi fruit work well
- Garnish with finely chopped mint