Grilled Pear with Lemon Honey Ricotta
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
This is one of the easier desserts you are going to make, but as you see from the picture, it presents very nicely. Lemon and honey flavour the light and fluffy ricotta perfectly which acts as a nice bed for the grilled pear.
- Preheat your BBQ on high heat.
- Melt the butter and honey in a small pot. Add the cinnamon and stir well.
- Now remove the pot from the heat. Add the pears and toss to coat.
- Grill the pears on the BBQ until they are caramelized nicely and soft.
- Meanwhile combine the ricotta, honey, lemon zest and juice in a mixing bowl. Stir very well to ensure the honey is incorporated.
- Now you are ready to plate up. Start by gently warming the honey & butter if necessary.
- Place a spoonful into the center of a plate and spread it out until it’s big enough to surround a portion of the ricotta.
- Add a portion of the ricotta and then place a grilled pear on top.
- Garish with a touch of extra lemon zest if desired and then serve this wonderful dessert and make mouths happy.
Add 1 tablespoon of very thinly sliced basil for a beautiful colour contrast and nice subtle flavour.