Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Baked Apple Crumble
- Prep time 12 mins
- Cook time 30 mins
This dessert is designed to emulate apple pie and we have only used a fraction of the bad guy calories. Make this a family favourite and enjoy it often.
- For the crisp:
- Preheat the oven to 375° F with the rack in the center.
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the crisp and stir until evenly dispersed. Set aside.
- Cut the apples in half horizontally so that the stem is on one half and the bottom is on the other.
- Now carefully carve out the apple core, making a small well in the apple. This will provide some extra room for the crisp.
- Now stuff the crisp on top of the cored apples. Make sure that you push it down a little so that it stays put.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the apples are cooked and soft to the touch.
- Now stir the vanilla into the yogurt and then pour over top of the warm apples and enjoy this awesome dessert.
- You could easily use pears in place of the apples.
- If you feel the need serve this dessert with vanilla ice cream instead of the yogurt.
Reviews on "Baked Apple Crumble" (2)