Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
5 Minute Tiramisu
- Prep time 5 mins
Leave a Review
Its not the real thing, but it is very tasty, super simple to make and has an attractive appearance. Make this as a treat for some last minute dinner guests!
- Decide on how you want to plate this dessert. To make individual servings you can use small side plates, 4 oz low rimmed ramekins or small bowls. If you wanted to make a serve yourself version use a small (5in. by 9 in.) low rimmed casserole dish. With this route you will need two containers of yogurt and some extra coffee perhaps.
- Mix sugar into fresh brewed coffee and then let it cool to room temperature.
- Transfer coffee to a wide bottom bowl.
- Set up in the order, from left to right or vice versa, ladyfingers, coffee and dish that you are using.
- Now its time to dip the ladyfingers. Its very important that you do not dip for too long, or they will get soggy. So dip horizontally, for about 2 seconds and so the coffee comes up half way on the lady finger and then flip sides…dip for 2 seconds longer and then place in your dish. Repeat until the bottom of the dish is covered with coffee dipped ladyfingers.
- Now top with a ½ – 1 inch layer of yogurt, and then sprinkle with shaved dark chocolate (microplane or fine holes of a cheese grater) or cocoa powder dusted through a strainer.
- Just like a real tiramisu, its best to leave for at least a few hours in the fridge before eating so the lady fingers can soak up some moisture. Overnight works too!
- Serve and enjoy this simple tasty dessert!!
Try using a different flavoured yogurt, but stick with the Krema, Liberte Meditteranee or another greek style yogurt as it has to be thick!