Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
White Chocolate Pumpkin Mousse
- Prep time 2 hours 10 mins
- Cook time 5 mins
Here is an incredibly yummy option to the traditional pumpkin pie. Velvety smooth and creamy with all those holiday flavours…enjoy!
- Mix the pumpkin, ¼ cup whipping cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar in a medium pot on medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently with a whisk.
- Cut the chocolate into small pieces and then stir into the hot pumpkin mixture until it has melted and is completely incorporated.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and place mixture into the fridge and chill completely. About 2 hours.
- Now remove from fridge and fold in half of the whipped cream until completely incorporated and then fold in the second half.
- Serve in a wine or martini glass or just a bowl and then top with some grated white chocolate (cheese grater) and cinnamon.
- Not so big on white chocolate or already have dark chocolate at home then go ahead and substitute.
- Stir a couple of heaping tablespoons of the mousse into a hot cup of coffee for a pumpkin latte. Top with whipped cream, shaved white chocolate and cinnamon for a gourmet drink.