This is a bit of different idea that I have come to love. It has an awesome presentation, amazing taste and is a great way to get children involved in making their own meals.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place a baking sheet in the oven.
- Place the ham and peppers in a ring around the outside 2/3 of the pita. Sprinkle cheese over the entire pita.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven and lightly spray or coat with oil. Place pitas onto baking sheet.
- Gently crack an egg over the centre of the pita. The ham and peppers should contain most of the egg on the pizza. Place in oven and bake until egg yolk reaches a desired consistency, approximately 20 minutes.
- PREP 6 mins
- COOK 20 mins
- Add 1-2 tbsp of salsa or tomato sauce to the whole-wheat pita before putting any of the toppings on.
- Try some of your other favourite pizza toppings such as sliced mushrooms, onions or broccoli.
- Serve with a side of turkey sausage for a healthy protein boost.
Nutrients per Serving
Calories (kcal) 393.2, Fat (g) 17.7, Protein (g) 20.7, Sugar (g) 1.2, Fibre (g) 5.6, Vitamin A (µg) 134.1, Vitamin C (mg) 18.9, Vitamin D (µg) 0.8, Vitamin E (mg) 1.7, Thiamine (mg) 0.4, Riboflavin (mg) 0.3, Niacin (ne) 7.2, Folate (µg)68.3, Vitamin B6 (mg) 0.4, Vitamin B12 (µg) 1, Calcium (mg) 245.9, Iron (mg) 3.2, Sodium (mg) 852.3, Potassium (mg) 250.3