Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Chai Oatmeal with Crystallized Ginger Yogurt
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
This is one amazing oatmeal. Ok, so the ingredient list is a little long, especially for oatmeal, but it’s a treat and a darn good one. If you are looking for a new and exciting way to enjoy your oatmeal, then here it is.
- Add the almond milk and oats to a small pot and heat on medium. Once simmering, reduce heat to low and add the tea bags, salt and cinnamon.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, taking care to not break the tea bags. Remove the tea bags after about 5 minutes and squeeze any liquid/flavour left in the bags. Squeezing or ‘spooning’ with 2 spoons works well.
- Continue cooking the oatmeal for another 3 – 5 minutes or until oatmeal reaches desired consistency. Remove from the heat and scoop into a bowl.
- While the oats are cooking, mix the yogurt, ginger, almonds and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Once ready, scoop the yogurt on top of the oatmeal and drizzle with a little honey if desired and then dig in.
- In a hurry? You can skip the yogurt portion of the recipe and simply serve with milk and a drizzle of honey.
- Use the yogurt as an cool and refreshing sauce for chicken!