3 Grain Granola
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 17 mins
This is a very easy and healthy way to replace the boxed cereals that you may be used to. We are using oats, kamut and quinoa for a varied nutritional profile and texture and a limited amount of butter and natural sweetener in the agave syrup.
- Preheat the oven to 425° F
- Combine the grains, nuts, seeds and the cardamom and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl and toss very well to combine.
- Now that the spices are distributed add the ‘liquids’. Add the vanilla, butter and agave syrup and toss well again.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet and then place in the middle of the oven. Bake until the granola is evenly browned, making sure to stir every 5-8 minutes.
- Once browned, remove from the oven to cool. Add the dried fruit and then store in an air tight container. Use within 1 – 2 weeks for maximum freshness
Feel free to use whatever nuts you like. The measurements in this recipe are merely a suggestion.