Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Chicken Sausage and Yam Hashbrowns
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 15 mins
This is one of our favourite breakfasts and it’s a great way to enjoy a diner style breaky with the added bonus of vitamins and nutrition. Yams are loaded with nutrients and they taste better too! Start your day in a good way!
- Preheat a frying pan on medium-high heat. Add oil and place sausages in pan and brown on all sides. Reduce to low, cover and continue cooking for at least 7-10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches170 degrees F.
- While the sausage is cooking, preheat a large non-stick frying pan on medium heat. Add water and yams. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until soft. Drain water and return to heat.
- Add butter and sauté until nicely browned. Add garlic, cinnamon, salt, pepper and paprika and cook for 1 minute more.
- Serve chicken sausage and hash browns together on a plate.
- Garnish with your fresh herbs such as cilantro, rosemary or Italian parsley.
- For nutritional variety, use a mixture of potatoes, sweet potatoes, or parsnips with the yams.