Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
Leave a Review
This is a breakfast that can be eaten for lunch or dinner too. It’s a healthy way to start your day and an alternative to the usual. The eggs cook perfectly in the tomato sauce and the chorizo adds the perfect taste/texture contrast to the veggies.
- Heat a small non-stick or cast iron fry pan on medium heat. Add the sausage and sauté until lightly browned all over.
- Drain excess fat leaving about 1 teaspoon or so and then add the onions and zucchini. Sauté, stirring occasionally until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and sauté, stirring frequently for about 1 minute.
- Add the tomato sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and make a well in the sauce for the first egg. Try to contain the egg in one spot. Repeat for the second egg and then place back on the burner. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Turn on your oven and set to broil with the rack on the second setting from the top.
- Simmer dish on the stove top until the egg starts setting and you see it turning white. Now top with cheese and place under the broiler of your oven.
- Bake until the cheese has melted and the eggs have finished cooking.
- Top with some salt and pepper and serve the dish with some cooked lentils or a piece of toast and enjoy it as a great breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Top this off with some fresh chopped avocado to bring it up another level.
- Add some spices in with the veggies. Ground cumin, coriander, chilli powder or turmeric all work well.