- Prep time 8 mins
- Cook time 30 mins
Granola is probably one of our favourite staple recipes. It’s a great way to get some healthy grains and nuts into your diet and you can take a lot more comfort in eating a bowl of homemade granola as apposed to opening some processed, boxed option.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine oats, cinnamon, salt, coconut milk, nuts/seeds and maple syrup in a large mixing bowl and toss until thoroughly mixed.
- Evenly spread mixture onto a baking sheet.
- Place in oven on the middle tray until golden brown, approximately 30 minutes, carefully stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool and transfer to bowl.
- Add the dried fruit and toss, then store in a sealable storage container.
- Almonds, walnuts, pecans, sunflower and pumpkin seeds are all great
- To add a touch more flavour, ground fennel seed works wonderfully.
- Chocolate chips are a great addition if you are having a sweet tooth moment.