Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Eggnog French Toast
- Prep time 3 mins
- Cook time 5 mins
Leave a Review
This recipe is sure to please your family or perhaps some house guests on a blustery Sunday morning. It’s French toast with a hint of eggnog…brilliant! Serve with your favourite preserve or maple syrup and you will make some happy tummies.
- Combine all ingredients, except the bread, in a shallow bowl.
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium heat. Lightly coat with oil or butter.
- Place 1 inch thick slices in egg mixture. Thoroughly soak both sides.
- Place coated slices in the pan until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from heat. Drizzle with maple syrup or your favourite fruit preserve.
- If you have a little extra time, caramelized banana is a perfect match for this simple recipe. One sliced banana, one tablespoon butter, one tablespoon brown sugar and sauté in frying pan until golden brown.
- Try this French toast with a serving of French vanilla yogurt and a handful of home-made granola…yummm!
- For a special occasion, place 1 tablespoon of icing sugar in a fine strainer. Gently knock the side of the strainer and the icing sugar will fall over your French toast and plate for a professional presentation.
Nutrients per Serving
Calories (kcal) 188.2, Fat (g) 7.5, Protein (g) 5.9, Carbohydrate (g) 23.6, Sugar (g) 3.3, Fibre (g) 1.5, Vitamin A (µg) 56, Vitamin C (mg) 0.7, Vitamin D (µg) 0.5, Vitamin E (mg) 0.7, Thiamine (mg) 0.2, Riboflavin (mg) 0.2, Niacin (ne) 7.2, Folate (µg) 70.4 Vitamin B6 (mg) 0.1, Vitamin B12 (µg) 0.5, Calcium (mg) 90.2, Iron (mg) 1.5, Sodium (mg) 242.3, Potassium (mg) 110.4