Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Ham and Swiss Stuffed Chicken Burgers
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 25 mins
Ham, Swiss and chicken are a winning combination and with this recipe we teach you how to make them into a tasty burger
- Honey Mustard Sauce:
- Burger Components:
- Add Dijon, honey, and garlic to a small mixing bowl and stir until combined. Warm honey if needed. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 375° F.
- Lay the chicken breast cutlet side down on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, carefully make a horizontal incision starting at one side and working your way to the other side – however, take care to not cut all the way through the other side. This will create a pocket for your stuffing.
- Once you are satisfied with the pocket add the ham and then the Swiss on top. You can leave some of the ham hanging out of the chicken breast and then fold it over top of the cheese tucking it into the breast. This will help prevent the cheese from leaking out.
- Carefully season the stuffed chicken on both sides with salt, pepper and paprika and then place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake in the oven until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Serve on your favourite burger bun along with the honey mustard, and any of your favourite fixings.
- If you are a little hesitant with cutting the pocket in the chicken you can just cook the breast as per normal and then top with the ham and then the cheese and place under the broiler until the cheese is melted.
- Try using cappicola instead of the honey ham for a spicy kick.
- Serve the stuffed chicken breast with your favourite grain and some vegetables if you don’t feel like a burger.