Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Chipotle Black Bean Burgers
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 1 hour 10 mins
These bean burgers are awesome for vegetarians as they offer complete protein with the bean and rice combo, but they will also satisfy the hungriest carnivore. Awesome texture and tonnes of flavour, this recipe is great!
- Preheat a medium fry pan on medium high heat. Add the oil and then the onions and sauté, stirring frequently, until onions are browned.
- Add the extra oil and then the garlic, chilli powder and coriander and sauté for 2 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl to cool down.
- Now add half (2 cups) of the black beans to a food processor along with the roasted red peppers, rice and the cooked onion mix and puree until semi smooth.
- Transfer mix to a mixing bowl and add the cornmeal, almond meal, bread crumbs and salt. Combine, using your hands until the mixture is totally incorporated.
- Now add the remaining black beans and combine until totally incorporated.
- Preheat a fry pan on medium heat.
- Form the bean burgers using your hand. Make sure that you press the burgers to form a solid patty. Drizzle a little oil in the pan and carefully transfer the burgers to the pan and cook on both sides until burgers are warmed through and nicely browned.
- Serve on your favourite bun or toast along with your favourite burger garnishes.
- Crumble a warm cooked bean burger patty into a salad with dressing for something tasty and unique.
- Make a big batch of the mix, form the burgers and freeze, separated by parchment paper. Then you have dinner for another day.
Reviews on "Chipotle Black Bean Burgers" (2)