Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Pineapple Chicken Burger
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 15 mins
Leave a Review
This is a great way to enjoy something new. Ground chicken is a perfect healthy substitute to beef and guess what? With this recipe you will discover how yummy it is too!
- For the burger:
- Preheat a small frying pan on medium heat and then add the butter/oil, onion and garlic. Sauté until onions begin to go translucent.
- Add the pineapple and brown sugar and sauté until the sugar begins to caramelize (it will begin to thicken, taking care not to burn mixture), approximately 5 minutes.
- Now add the pineapple juice and the soy sauce, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Add a little water if mixture is too thick. Set sauce aside.
- In a mixing bowl add all ingredients for the burgers and mix until totally combined. Divide into 4 equal parts and form burgers.
- Preheat a large frying pan on medium heat and add a little canola oil and chicken burgers. Cook covered until browned on both sides with an internal temp reaches 170ºF. Depending on thickness burgers will take approximately 6 minutes a side.
- Serve on a whole wheat bun and top with your yummy homemade sauce and all of your other favourite burger fixings including a couple of leftover pineapple slices.
- Serve the burger, sauce and a couple pineapple slices without the bun and join it up with a side of rice and veggies for another meal idea.
- Make a bigger batch of the sauce and use as a healthier homemade option for the typical sugar loaded bottled option.
- If you can not find ground chicken breast, ground turkey will make a great substitute and if you are really want, this recipe works awesome with the beef too!