Chickpea Burger with Curry Mayo
Okay…Lots of flavour…Awesome texture and easy to make. Who said vegetarian dishes were boring
- Combine mayo and curry powder in a mixing bowl and whisk until incorporated.
- Add zucchini, onion, pepper, chickpeas, egg and egg white to a food processor and blend.
- Add mixture to a mixing bowl and then add oats, peas, corn, salt, pepper and paprika. Stir until incorporated. Mixture will be moist. Let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat a large frying pan on medium heat. Spray with oil and then spoon mixture into pan. You can make them big or small, round or square, but no more than ½ inch thick. Cook until golden brown, flip and cook other side until golden brown and centre is hot. Burgers are fragile so avoid flipping them more than once if possible.
- Place on a bun, in a wrap or serve as is. Serve with curry mayo and your favourite veggies and love every bite.
- PREP 15 mins
- COOK 6 mins
- Instead of corn and peas try ½ cup of finely chopped apple.
- Crumble your cooked patties on top of a fresh green salad and drizzle with your favourite dressing.