Cashew Corn Sauce
- Cook time 10 mins
Here is an amazingly creamy sauce that has no cream at all. The soaked cashews puree into a wonderful creamy base that not only provide smooth and soft texture, but a healthy fat profile as well. Use this recipe with comfort 🙂
- Drain and discard the water from the soaked cashews and set aside.
- Preheat a medium fry pan on medium heat. Add a little oil and then the onions. Sauté, stirring regularly until lightly browned. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute longer.
- Now add the corn and a splash (1 tablespoon) of water and sauté for another minute.
- Transfer the contents of the pan to a blender or food processor along with the cashews, chipotle and salt. Fire the machine up and slowly add some fresh water (or broth if you have it), while the machine is running if possible. Add just enough water to get the contents moving and then let the blender/food processor run for a minute or so until you have a smooth sauce.
- Now with a spatula, scrape the sides down, put the lid back on and turn it back on again. Add some more broth/water until you get the correct consistency for you. Add more liquid for a light sauce or less liquid for a thick and rich one!
- Now you have a great topper for steamed cauliflower, broccoli, wilted cabbage, chard or kale. It also makes an awesome sauce for chicken or salmon…Enjoy!
Ginger would be a great substitute for the garlic and would change the flavour of the sauce noticeably.