Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Whipped Garlic Butter
- PREP 10 mins
This is a recipe for whipped butter. It works amazing if you want to make some garlic bread or toast, but it is also very good to spread on some fresh baked or warmed buns. You can also try spreading some on a steak fresh off the grill.
- Allow butter to come to room temperature and then add to a medium mixing bowl. Whip with a hand mixer until the butter has increased in volume and is light and fluffy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix for another 15 seconds or until evenly distributed.
- Use immediately or transfer to a sealable container and keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- For garlic toast, cut a loaf of French bread or a baguette in half horizontally and liberally smear butter all over the cut sides.
- Lower your oven rack to the second from the top and set to broil.
- Place bread on a baking sheet butter side up and then into the oven. Toast to your liking.
- Alternatively, if you like soft garlic bread, butter the cut loaf and place back together. Now wrap in tin foil and then bake in a preheated 400° F for 15 minutes.
- You can use ½ teaspoon garlic powder instead of the fresh to save a little time.
- After you spread garlic butter on to the toast, top with some fresh grated cheddar or parmesan cheese for garlic cheese toast.