Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Curry Shrimp Sauce
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 15 mins
This is a recipe for a thick and rich curry type sauce. We actually puree shrimp into the sauce to give a flavour and body boost. It’s quite easy and very rewarding, so give it a try.
- Preheat a large pot on medium heat. Add a little oil and then the shrimp. Sauté the shrimp for about 2 – 3 minutes per side. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add a little more oil if necessary, and then the onion, and red pepper. Sauté, stirring regularly until the onions are lightly browned.
- Add the garlic, turmeric and chilli powder and sauté for 2 minutes more stirring frequently.
- Add the coconut milk, cauliflower, salt, lime juice and lemongrass. Cover with a lid and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
- Add half of the prawns into the pot and then transfer the mixture to blender. Puree until smooth and then add back to the pot. Chop remaining shrimp into bite sized pieces, add to the sauce and then serve with your favourite whole grain and some extra shrimp.
- This dish goes very well with roast chicken breast instead of the extra shrimp.
- If you are not a shrimp person then you could easily omit the shrimp from this recipe and it will still be a great sauce.