Yam and Avocado Spreads
- Prep time 10 mins
Wraps are the quintessential summer food for us. Using a wholegrain shell and loading in tonnes of veggies make for a healthy quick meal. Below we provide you with some very tasty and nutritious options to the standard mayo or ranch dressing that you normally find as a wrap spread.
- Yam Spread:
- Avocado spread:
- Yam Spread: In a mixing bowl add cooked yams. With a fork mash until smooth. Alternatively add yams to a food processor and puree until smooth. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Avocado Spread: In a mixing bowl add avocado. With a fork mash until smooth. Add juice, onion, chilli powder, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Uses: Either spread is a healthy substitute to mayonnaise in a wrap or sandwich. Just add your favourite protein and veggies, slap on some spread and you’ve got a gourmet wrap to sit down and enjoy or take with you on the go. Avocado spread can be used in place of store bought guacamole. Quick and affordable appetizer idea – serve as dip with veggies or a spread on crackers.
- Finely chopped cilantro, red bell pepper or garlic are great additions to either spread – fresh is best is this case
- Add a little heat to either recipe, with some finely chopped jalapeños